Casa do Menor Italia has a new home…
it moves into the Monastery of San Biagio (St Blaise)!
A BIT OF HISTORY
During their work, the Benedictines made the previously unhealthy and inhospitable area fertile, but they were forced to abandon the priory around 1440 to see it assigned to the Chapter of Mondovì, which made it a parish until 1904.
The monastery was thus reduced to a rural complex for the use of the farmers who maintained it and lived there.
In 1973, monastic life resumed thanks to the arrival of Father Filiberto Guala, a Trappist monk who, with the help of friends and clergymen from Piedmont, began an enormous restoration project that brought to light important 15th-century frescoes and layers of settlements dating from the 10th to the 17th century.
Today it has returned to being a centre of spiritual life and contemplation, which the silence and tranquillity of this area well support, and has reopened to house Casa Do Menor.